HCF is Australia's largest not-for-profit private health insurer. With the adoption of our 2020 Strategy, our vision is to make health care understandable, affordable, high quality and customer centric. We’re proud to be home to 1300 employees at our head office location in Sydney, our Australian call centres and our growing network of branches and dental centres across the country. With over 85 years of heritage in Australia, we’re committed to investing in the health and happiness of both our members and our people.
About the Role:
As Head of International Business you will be accountable for the commercial development and growth of these product lines. You will be accountable for the P&L ownership of overseas visitors cover. Working with key stakeholders across the business you will manage the development of internal and external distribution channels including education and migration agents and other relevant third party referrers.
Working with the Product team you will ensure that the OVHC products meet current and future business requirements to support profitable growth.
The Head recruits, leads and manages a team of specialist migration partnership managers with national responsibilities to secure, leverage and monitor new and existing agent referral partnership agreements, in order to enable HCF business goals and targets to be achieved.
In conjunction with key internal stakeholders, the role helps establish, manage and refine a sustainable referral partnership incentive matrix, and operates under a delegated management authority to negotiate approved referral terms with pre-identified target agents and relevant associated partners.
Working effectively with key stakeholders including Product, Corporate, Finance & Actuarial, Marketing, Member Experience, Member Health and Technology will be vital to the success of this role.
There is a need to collaborate closely with the corporate, retail and contact centre sales teams to ensure agent and customer solutions are seamless and synergistic.
The successful candidate will have a background in Private Health Insurance and working with overseas markets. You will be well versed on the Australian migration program and Visa requirements, multiculturalism, political landscape and agent needs, and possess a strong business acumen and proven ability to derive referral business through 3rd party distribution relationships.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A proven track record in the development of emerging businesses in financial services preferably in the overseas health insurance sector.
- Experience in managing P&L in a significant commercial business line.
- Deep understanding of business processes, operational challenges and customer experience.
- Experience in building and nurturing sales teams preferably in multicultural markets
- An ability to act as the conduit between relevant stakeholders to develop the product proposition and manage risks and issues.
- Outstanding Leadership and people management skills
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional appearance and presentation style to establish and/or enhance HCF Group’s corporate image
- Strategic planning and report writing
- Project management skills
- A Proven track record in a commercial role in the overseas visitors health insurance sector is desirable.
In addition to the salary offered, HCF have a number of employee benefits including:
- Discounts on health insurance and other insurances
- Family and friends day
- Study leave
- Parental leave scheme
- Developmental opportunities
- Comprehensive training and ongoing support
- For the right candidate, would be an ideal position to demonstrate outstanding potential for future development/progression within HCF.
We believe in developing our people to assist in driving continuous improvement within the organisation. At the same time we are dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish. We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference.
If you're ready to make a difference to your career as well as HCF please apply now.
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment.